Sunday, June 28, 2009

Change

Playlist: "Surely We Can Change" David Crowder*Band

The song at the end says, "the whole world's about to change. the whole world's about to change." And I feel those words in a new way. My world's about to change.

I just got back from Greece. Yes, I know. Feel jealous. It was beautiful and more than I dreamed it would be. I left with hope. More hope than I've been able to have in a long time. For a long time my hope has been in an idea of something I had to believe was true. Because if it wasn't true then I had nothing left. But that truth and hope have become real to my life once again. Things are changing.

A friend wrote me a short story...
"There was once a girl who was carrying a load much too heavy for her to bear. As time wore on, her body grew so very weary. She was trying to make it up a hillside when along side her came another girl. The second girl's shoulders began to ache as she walked with the first. It was almost as if the load was on her as well. As the second girl's step fell into rhythm she joyfully took some of the weight from her friend and bore it with her. Doing this made her heart glad. She could think of nothing sweeter than sharing with her friend, her sister, an experience that would strengthen both of them. They continued up the hill when they met a man who was coming down the hill. He picked both of them up, along with the heavy heavy load and ran to the top of the hill with them. They stood there, all three. And there, with their hands tucked into the hands of that man they found rest. They drank in the view and breathed in the moment.

There was rest."


Athens, Greece 06/27/09

2 comments:

em k said...

yes.

beautiful.

hope.

DC said...

amen. Glad you have found rest.