Monday, June 15, 2009

Pay Day & Job Security

So I'm selling the remainder of my 2 year contract (14 months) to the highest bidder.

The buzz recently has been about the hiring freeze and other such things by the trustees. Yes, this is a company. A big one. Concerned with lots of money. So people have been talking with great anticipation and anxiety about whether or not they'll be able to extend their terms which they'd been planning on doing or if they'll have to go home earlier than they'd hoped. I laugh while people talk about extending. I was hoping to destend.

I was reading a friend's blog today and it made me sad that I couldn't say the same things she was saying about her time where she is. These past 8 months have felt like an eternity. I want to give up most days. It's been like a constant fight just to make it to the next bench marker. Right now I'm trying to make it to the end of June. Next, I want to try to make it to the end of August. After August there will be a whole lot of nothing. With all these changes happening in the company, most people, even the career people, don't know what they'll be doing next. Lots of people are waiting to hear some answers at this annual meeting we'll have in a week. I have a feeling that some of it will be cleared up but that it'll also create a ton more questions and insecurities in people's minds. People don't know what to count on and can't make plans because so much is up in the air.

I want to be a Physical Therapist. I don't know how it'll work out because I really don't have the money. But I think that this is something that God wants me to do and has finally brought me to the place where I can accept that and get excited about it. Right now, I'm praying for 1) Where to go to school and for a family or someone to live with there; 2) That it be a place where I can just ride my bike to and from school and to work; 3) A job. I love making coffee. I'd love to work at a coffee shop again; 4) Wisdom about how to pay for school. I'll need to take about 30hrs of prereq classes before I can even start a PT program. Science. Lots of science.

Anyways... that's all folks.

6 comments:

DC said...

Economy is hitting everyone. It's interesting your company is feeling the slump too. A lot we don't understand. Will support your decisions. Wish you could be close but want what is best for you. You will probably need to apply to several schools and go where you are accepted. That will be an interesting destination! You are the adventurous one!! Go for it!

DC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Hey girl, I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. We'll have to talk in the next couple of weeks...it's been too long. Love you, girl!

Cade said...

so i accidentally deleted a comment. i have no idea how i did that. so if the owner of the deleted comment would please stand up please stand and repeat each of those words with 2 thumbs up that would be great. sorry.

Mary Ann McMillan said...

wow i didnt know any of these things about you! i will def keep praying for you and i will i cant wait to see you in 4 days and to find out all the new information that is going on with this company.

Mary Ann McMillan said...

ps i have felt the same way here......