Saturday, November 15, 2008

so funny story

Thursday my apartment flooded. Ok actually flooded is not exact enough description. It was more like... imagine a rainy day and you have your umbrella. It's not a down pour, but it's a steady rain with a few puddles in the streets. Yes, you there in the rain with me?

That was my apartment Thursday evening when i got back from language school.

Apparently a water pipe burst in the upstairs apt and the peeps were out of town. During the 5hrs I was gone Thursday, it started leaking into my apt. There was enough water leaking into my apt that it leaked through my CONCRETE floor down to the next apt. Those people called the owners of my apt because they thought it was me. My landlord came immediately.

This all happened while I was gone. When I got home at 7:30p, my door was cracked open and there were lights on in my apt. I pushed the door open and saw my landlord in my entry way with soaked pants, bending over to ring out a towel into a bucket. However, it was still raining. By Friday morning there were still a couple of drips here and there. This was the whole apartment--not just a little corner of a room.

So right now I'm sitting in megan's room among my dry stuff. My electronics are on a table drying out. My computer... it was in my backpack that I carried all afternoon all over krakow on thursday! My guitar... ha ha ha... well I'll be guitar shopping. Thankfully the wonderful peeps who employed me gave me insurance. So my guitar will be replaced. I picked it up off the floor and looked in the hole and there was a puddle in it.

So today i'm going to go pack up some more stuff from my apt. Maybe do some laundry of the stuff that was wet. Monday i'll be apt shopping. get excited. ha.

all i can do it laugh. seriously... my life was never this dramatic. ha.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! I'm so glad they'll replace your guitar though...that'd really stink if you had to come up with that moola on your own. It's good to hear something from you...tell J and B I say hello...and happy almost-Thanksgiving! What are you guys doing for the big day?

DC said...

what about your camera?