Thursday, November 27, 2008

empty apts

so it seems that we all change and the world keeps moving without you. however, sometimes i wish it would wait. i wish i could be in a million places at once. but it's all sectioned off only to be revisited by nostalgic moments. i'm thankful for the experiences. reminds me of the book The Giver. i keep remembering those sunny days during the cold nights in the snow. all these experiences make memories. it's like a cache of all the good and the bad. some things stay and others fade away. it seems that faces are the first to go. only parts at a time come back to memory. and it's a hope that through all of this i might be getting smarter. maybe a little wiser. but for now, it's all flying by. with the sun in my eyes and the visor just over the light going by the next hill on my way home from kyser's.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! I am impressed! Pumpkin pie from scratch was my first real attempt at cooking in Poland too...I'd been there about 3 weeks.

I have a recipe for biscotti on the recipe page...check it out...I'm not sure what you can/can't get there anymore.

acade said...

random thought here: riding the sled at night on the icy sidewalks...quiet, cold, sky so dark. u, jess and me...for some reason i remember that so well.