Friday, October 30, 2009

Voice

I closed my eyes and breathed in deep and there before me was a woman...

She was tall and skinny-bones hung on flesh like one who had been kept locked in chains and oppressed. I asked her, Who are you? She said, Voice. I could see a gentleness in her but also a strength that came from deep within. Her voice was that of strength yet full of compassion and wisdom. I asked her, What do you speak? She said immediately and without hesitation, Truth. I speak Truth. When she said this I knew it was a deep Truth. Like Truth that was spoken before the foundations of the earth. But still she was so frail and emaciated. And so I asked, But why do you look like this? She said, Because fear has kept me quiet. He has bound my hands and my feet and locked the door behind me. But though my body has wasted away, I am still strong. And I summoned fear to come near. He came and stood. We talked and he explained himself. When he finished, I charged him to step back and to release Voice. I told him that it is time that she be heard. It is time that she speak truth. And I asked fear to begin a new job. Instead of oppression, use your gifts to warn the house. Use your gifts to blow a trumpet at the threat of on coming attacks. Because if Voice speaks, then some will not like it. The House needs warning to establish its defense. With this, fear stepped aside, eager and excited about his new duty. And I looked at Voice and said to her, be who you were made to be. At this, she began to grow even taller. She was still skinny as a reed but she was fuller and healthier and stronger. And I said, Voice, speak. Speak Truth. For it is time that Truth be heard. May it come from deep within and may it be full of wisdom and discernment and compassion and grace and mercy. Speak with all gentleness these things and this House will listen and defend you. For you were made with a purpose for this House. So rise up and live your purpose...


Posted with LifeCast


0 comments: