Wednesday, October 28, 2009

power of stories/my own pep-talk

yesterday, i went to a meeting and heard several ladies' stories. i almost didn't go because i felt disconnected from the group, but i'm really glad that i went. there was so much relevance to my life in their stories and i learned a lot. it reminded me of things that i'd tried to ignore for the past week because i hadn't consciously dealt with them directly.

hearing one lady's account of her week last week prompted me to do something proactive and to admit and to recognize a problem and to work toward doing my part at seeing that problem addressed or at least noted to prevent a worse outcome in the future.

i'm learning to have a voice. it's terrifying!!! it means speaking truth sometimes even though everyone else is ignoring the truth. geez... why do we ignore truth?! it's so freeing!!! but we're so afraid of the consequences. even though there could be negative consequences, the possibilities of HEALING and FREEDOM are so much greater. but we don't see that. we don't realize that. we're afraid that the negative, the evil, the evil one will win and rule and be victorious.

but if we live in TRUTH, then we're living in the relm of God's authority.

HE IS SO MUCH GREATER...

...greater than my fears.
...greater than the evil one.
...greater than negative consequences.
...greater than the pain caused by scars and wounds.
...greater than my own feeble attempts to survive and function.
...greater than my own ways of trying to fill and to meet needs that i have deep inside of me.

1 comments:

em k said...

WOW. TRUTH. TRUTH TRUTH. this is true. live in it. walk in it, i am challenged to do the same