Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweetness

Just to be useful for a week made the trip to Skopje, Macedonia worth every second. Not to mention that I got to walk in the Roma neighborhoods and shake kid's hands and say hello to them and watch them get excited to say hello in English. And also not to mention time praying and reading aloud God's word with someone who honestly desired to know God and to seek him early in the morning and late at night was like a sweet honey balm to my soul.

Community.

Something is missing if there is no one to sit and intimately study God's word with and pray with and sit in silence with and to sing and make music with.

This week the phrase "be still and know that I am God" was on my mind a lot. Being in the same room with other people who are ok with just sitting in silence while seeking God is rare but so beautiful.

I led worship for the first time in a while. I was humbled by the experience. I've gotten good at disconnecting myself from what I'm singing but Sunday night I couldn't do that. For a bit it was just me sitting at the feet of my Father. And then I heard the hearts of others pouring themselves out through the music to their Father. It was so humbling to be used and allowed to be a part of this moment. I left that moment hushed inside. I could've sat in silence for hours.

I wrote a new song. It's a few prayers put together. Me and Emily worked on a project too. She had a song translated into one of the Roma languages and we recorded it. Pictures to come later.


Posted with LifeCast


0 comments: