Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thanks

This past week has been such a blessing. Even though the circumstances weren't the most wonderful, I've been so encouraged by my time here. 


There is something powerful and right about mourning a loss with family and friends--outwardly and inwardly. I think that on my own, I didn't know how to respond to the death of my granddad. I tried to busy myself and not think about it. I carried that all on my own. This time, I came home. And I was able to share the experience with family and friends. We pray together. We cried together. We remembered stories together. We laughed together. We ate together. It was healing. It was encouraging. It was a blessing.

This week I was able to...
Surprise my mom, dad and brother.
See my granddad attaway and grandma alice.
Take family pictures.
Help bury my grandma.
See all my extended family.
Eat mexican food.
Tell about my life in Krakow.
Meet my brother's girlfriend.
Eat strawberries and cream oatmeal.
Feel the sun on my face--strong and bright.
Catch up with friends.
Be loved on.
Be hugged.
Cook for my family.
Vacuum the house for my mom.
Pick up all the stuff that my mom has dropped on the floor and can't pick up on her own.
Pray with a friend.
Meet a friend at Starbucks.
Be free...
Be exhausted...
Be refreshed... etc...

Anyways... I have a lot more thoughts, but those need sorting through and filtering.

Thank God for friends, family, good food, wide open spaces and hope through the one who saves us and breathes life into us. Amen.

1 comments:

Lee said...

blondynka found a steak place... and there are fresh strawberries and cream for oatmeal... and sunshine on your balconey... and at least *verbal* hugs. missed you!